A participant identifier is required to access electricity market systems and trade in the market.
If you are an Industry participant, before you are able to apply for a participant identifier, you must
- Be registered on the Participant register
- Not have an exisiting identifier
- Have started the new Entrant process. As part of this process, the Authority's compliance team will meet with you to explain the risks, liabilities and legislative requirements of participating in the market.
If you are not an Industry participant
- Government agencies need to apply for an identifier as a non-participant. Government agencies that have a statutory right to market data need a non-participant identifier to request data via the Electricity registry.
- Third-party providers need to apply for an identifier as a non-participant. Third-party providers need a non-participant identifier to query registry connection data and to request customer data/tariff information from retailers.
Note, only apply for an identifier if your organisation does not already have one allocated.
Are you applying for an identifier as an industry participant or non-participant?